Banana bread is one of my favourites! You can have it for breakfast, after a meal or when you want to have something sweet. I make it with protein because this will help you feel satisfied for longer than eating only carbohydrates will, and because protein is an essential macronutrient that should be part of each of your meals!
- 1.25 cups of Oat Flour (90g of oats before you turn them into flour)
- 90g Protein Powder (I use vanilla)
- ½ Cup Sweetener (I use stevia)
- 3 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 4oz Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 3 Medium Bananas (they must be overripe to make the bread sweet enough)
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (or milk substitute)
How to do it:
- Mix your dry ingredients in one bowl and your wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients but do not over mix!
- Use butter to grease the pan, so it comes out easy!
- Bake at 350 for around 35:00-40:00
- Check if it’s ready by inserting a toothpick in the middle to see if it comes clean.
- Let it cool before cutting.
- Enjoy! (the bread can be left out at room temperature for several days)